Your Financial Aid Award Notice (FAAN) will indicate the estimated amount of financial aid that you may be eligible to receive. Please note that all funds will be applied to your student account, except work study which you can earn throughout the year.

New traditional undergraduate students will receive paper award notices until the semester begins. Returning students will receive one paper award notice. Award change notices will be sent to your Centenary e-mail.

Your financial aid awards are based on the information provided on your FAFSA. There are many cases where our office will require additional documentation or forms in order to determine your actual award amount; however, you may still receive an estimated award until all documents and forms are received. You can also view NetPartner any time to determine what additional information the financial aid office requires.

If your financial aid award letter contains Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized loans and you will be accepting those loans, be sure to complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling online at as soon as you receive your award notice.

If you would like to reduce or decline any of your loans, you must submit your request in writing to the Financial Aid Office or e-mail to from your Centenary e-mail account stating the following:

  • If you are requesting to reduce or cancel your loan
  • Which loan the change applies to
  • How much of the loan you are reducing/canceling
  • For what school year and/or semester the change applies to

For information on how your financial aid award(s) will be applied to your bill, check out our Paying Your Bill webpage.

Skip to content